Thursday, January 5, 2012

Introduction to History 300

Hey Everyone!  My name is Brian and I am currently finishing up a second degree in History here at ASU (first degree in secondary education - social studies from U of A).    After a two-year stint in politics I realized that I don't have the moral flexibility to continue down that career path which forced me to do a bit of soul searching.  In the end, the one thing that I kept coming back to, and what truly fascinates me the most, is history.  My father had a major influence on my love of history as I can still remember sitting around listening to him go on and on about the 60s and its significance today.  From the space program to the music to the politics and governing, the 1960s was an amazing and awe inspiring time that has lasting impacts still felt today.  My father's stories have inspired me to not only pursue multiple degrees on the subject, but conduct much independent research on a variety of historical topics.  I look forward to refreshing my knowledge of research methods as they will pay great dividends in not only my future scholastic career but in my independent research as well.

Cheers!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment